How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35518
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have sore vulva area

This answer was rated:

Hello, i have sore vulva area
Hi--can you tell me all you can about the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had a sore vulva area for a long time now. I have been to my sexual health clinic and had tests for sti's, they all came back clear. I have been to my sexual health clinic and GP several times about the same problem, even to the hospital twice when it was really bad, and no one can give me any answers.
My vulva area is very sore, and itchy, the skin keeps cracking and bleeding with a really intense itchy feeling. I sometimes see little white spots that are very itchy. When the spots settle down or get cracked, and starts to bleed, they leave little pink circle areas of skin where the skin has peeled of, and they are very stingy to touch, and itchy. This is becoming a very distressing problem in my life, and it seems that no one can give me any answers,
Please help.
I understand Marianna. Have you been cultured for yeast or any other fungal infections?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've been treated for thrush a while ago, and it hasn't seemed to come back. But thats all i've been treated for.
How exactly was that treated? And was there any diagnosis offered by your doctor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I used a pessary and cream. Nobody has been able to give me a diagnosis yet. When i was at the hospital one doctor thought it could possibly be lichens but i never found out for sure. I am in so much pain, i can hardly walk properly anymore because of the pain of the movement of walking causes, rubbing on the cuts. It's affecting my every day life and i feel as if no one is taking me seriously or listening to what i'm saying when i try to explain how serious this is and how much pain it's causing me.
OK We can continue after this but first off since this could be lichen sclerosis you need to see a dermatologist for a biopsy. This could also be a resistant type of fungal infection that would take oral Diflucan to treat. If it is lichen sclerosis, there are treatments like tacrolimus cream or pimecrolimus creams. At this point, a dermatologist would be your most prudent course
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you