How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 42158
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have not had sex years. I now have a new partner

Customer Question

I have not had sex for ten years. I now have a new partner and i find I am bleeding after intercourse. I am middle aged and going through the menopause.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but although this may not be anything too serious, you need to see a doctor for a pelvic exam and PAP smear if you haven't had those recently. Most likely this is from vaginal atrophy--very common with menopause--and lubricants and bioidentical hormone creams can help with that. But it could also be from cervicitis--cervical inflammation--or cervical cancer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

I will make an appointment with my GP first thing tomorrow as soon as the surgery opens.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you