How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36054
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I suspect I have balintitus, I think I have spelled it wrongly,

This answer was rated:

I suspect I have balintitus, I think I have spelled it wrongly, sympton's, rash on penius head, tightening of foreskin or slight swelling of penius head and bit of itchiness. No spots or puss and I treat with cream it is thrush cream. Do I need to attend doctor for treatment?

Hi. This definitely sounds like a yeast balanitis and if the cream you've tried hasn't helped you need to see a doctor for either prescription ketoconazole cream or oral Diflucan to eradicate it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The cream helps and temporarily cures the problem but can does come back. One of the things that brings it back is after masturbation.

Well, it's also possible that it's just a dermatitis and not a yeast infection but at this point you really should have a doctor take a look Terry
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


My pleasure Terry but let me know how it goes