How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I am experiencing severe boughts of tiredness and lack of energy

This answer was rated:

I am experiencing severe boughts of tiredness and lack of energy also weak leg movement
hard to explain but walking is unstable sometime a floating sensation going on!!
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
For how long are you having this problem?
Have you been seen for this as yet?
Any blood tests done in the recent past for this or for any other purpose?
Have your thyroid hormones been checked recently or in the past?
Please let me know.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes bloodtest for all that you mentioned done over the last year but still having problems

The weak leg movement is something that worries me.
I would strongly recommend that you be referred to a neurologist to have you completely evaluated for this.
I would like that you should have a MRI of your brain to be sure that is normal because lesions in the brain can cause one to have weakness in the legs like what you are having and this is what I would like to rule out definitively by having a MRI done.
Also with the kind of fatigue that you are having I would like that in addition to your thyroid levels I would also like to have your cortisol hormone levels checked as well to make sure they are okay because low levels of cortisol can also cause a lot of fatigue.
Also in this age group low levels of growth hormones is also something that can lead to the symptoms that you are experiencing.
If you can also get a referral to an endocrinologist to discuss all these problems that would be really nice.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kind regards
Dr. SH and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks got confused just wanted to say that I will consult my NHS doctor and try to see if he will refer to some specialist that you have recommended OK Thanks a lot

You are most welcome.
Please do follow up with me on this.
Kind regards