How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36085
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Doctor Me and my husband both are working in the UK full

This answer was rated:

Hi Doctor
Me and my husband both are working in the UK full time. We are originally from Bulagaria. My son who is 22 still leaving in Bulgaria. He was diagnosed with testicular tumor and had opp in Bulgaria yesterday. We are waiting for the results now and the doctors decision what kind of treatment he will need. Can he have treatment in the UK. How much this will cost.
Thank you
Hi. What operation did he have in Bulgaria? Was this testicular cancer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it was testicular cancer. They removed the left testis.

OK Angelina. I can only give you and estimate here but the chemotherapy treatment and the consultants' fees in the UK for the treatment of his cancer would run about 30,000 British pounds.

Let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dr Chip this was helpful. Can my son use my health insurance?

My pleasure Angelina. If he isn't presently included in your NHS policy you can add him and then his medical costs would be covered.

Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you