How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8751
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now

I get spots in my vagina they are red and I get ones at the

This answer was rated:

I get spots in my vagina they are red and I get ones at the top of my vagina where my hair is which are really sore and I get then I get them in a line on both sides In my vagina which are very tender and sore, I wouldn't say they itch. This time I have a big lump/ spot near bottom of my vagina which is really big and tender. I seem to get them after my period has finished they just appear and get worst everyday then after a week they go. This happens every month They do have white pus coming out of them but can't be sure if they all have pus coming out of them. I think I've been getting the spots since having my twin girls who are now 7 but I can't be sure. I've been with my husband 15 years.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, the cause of your symptoms can be fungal infection or can be recurrent hair follicle infection. Both of them are quite common in this area. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC Clotrimazole cream and OTC (over the counter available) 1% hydrocortisone cream can help. The area should be washed with soap and water and after it has dried in open air, the mixture of both creams can be applied. This should be done twice daily. After one week, if the symptoms are better, 1% hydrocortisone should be stopped but clotrimazole should be continued for a week more. If symptoms persist in spite of all this, you should see your doctor who can take a swab from the area and can prescribe you anti fungal or antibiotic, depending upon the results. BUt don't worry, there is nothing serious and this is not likely to be any sort of sexually transmitted infection which you can get from your partner. Your description is not consistent with anything like herpes so please don't stress yourself. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Dr. Hasan and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you