Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

Can't sleep at night have been struggling -4 weeks doctor

Can't sleep at night have been struggling for 3-4 weeks doctor won't give me any medication I have tried nytol and it doesn't work
Hi. Do you have a question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can I do to enable myself to sleep normal again
OK--what exactly is the problem with sleeping that you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't sleep - I can't switch off very difficult for me, some nights I sleep 6 hours others I sleep 1-2 hours
OK. We can continue after this if you'd like. You can try either melatonin or valerian combined with a glass of warm milk or a cup of chamomile tea just before bedtime
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
With Melatonin- I think this can only be prescribed - will valerian help I know it is available at Holland and Barratt

No melatonin isn't a prescription medication and neither is valerian. Here's a link where you can order both

Valerian should help

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Melatonin is only on prescription in the UK, valerian is available however.
Then give the valerian a try