Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

I have a current bad case of chicken pox and im concerned but

I have a current bad case of chicken pox and im concerned but daughter could catch it, the nhs does not offer chicken pox vaccination and thought would it be wise to have the vaccatation done private but doctor said its best for children to get chicken pox early rather than at the age i have which is 41 and im so uncomfatable and in pain with it i dont want my daughter to have to go through it
Hi--I'm not clear on your question here. Are you asking if your daughter should get the chickenpox vaccination, and, if so how old is she?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes should my daughter get the chickenpox vaccination, she is 10 years old and i came out with the symptoms of chicken pox 2 days ago

OK. While it is better for children to get the vaccine at a very early age--just so they won't get chickenpox if exposed later on--there's no reason why your daughter can't be vaccinated now. That said Bonny--if she by chance has caught the virus from you right now, vaccinating her won't help. So I suggest you wait about two weeks and then, if she's fine, she can have the vaccine