How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35572
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I noticed a change to the right side of my scrotum a few

This answer was rated:

HI, I noticed a change to the right side of my scrotum a few months ago. Not sure when this occurred, what it is, or if it's always been there. It looks slightly raised in one place, and the rest looks red.

Hi It would help to have a photo if you could post one on this page.

If not, can you more fully decribe all this please? And any pain or itching?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the best way to send a photo?
There's no pain, maybe mildly itchy on odd occasion.
You can use the paperclip icon on this page or otherwise post it at Snapfish, Imageshack, or Photobucket and give me the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael--very helpful

Nothing too serious but this looks like a yeast infection that's obviously resistant to the Daktarin cream. In addition I see some Fordyce spots--small benign cysts of the scrotum.

You need to see a doctor to clear this up with prescription ketoconazole cream or oral Diflucan pills

Let me know if you need any more information about this

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I was worried that this could be genital warts, having done the silly thing of using google to self diagnose. From the looks of these pictures is it safe to say that it is not genital warts, and a yeast infection and fordyce spots like you say?

These look nothing like genital warts Michael so no worry there.
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I'll go see my local GP to get this cleared up.

My pleasure--let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Michael