How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have had constipation few weeks. Went to hospital NHS

This answer was rated:

I have had constipation for a few weeks. Went to hospital NHS direct. The obstruction was in my upper bowel. Given large dose of Laxido. symptoms improved. Now I am unable to eat, my stomach is swollen and I feel unwell with some pain. My doctor has booked me in for colonoscopy and CT scan on my pelvis area. I have never had this problem before. I am 70yrs old. Should I go to the hospital again. my stomach looks too distended. ***@******.***
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This is medical emergency.
You likely developed another acute small bowel obstruction --may need surgical intervention.
You should not eat anything by mouth now.
Please go to the hospital now.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Dr Basu and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you