How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58751
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have just been diagnosed by my GP as having

This answer was rated:

I have just been diagnosed by my GP as having Hyperparathyroidism and been referred to my local hospital. I am awaiting an initial appointment with an endocrinologist. I have done my homework and I want to have the mini-surgery as a day patient. Can you tell me where I can find a 'skilled and experienced' parathyroid surgeon (preferrably with the NHS?) Thank You, ***** *****

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
What is your local hospital?
This is a very easy surgery so I can find someone there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My local hospital is 'Royal Derby'. I need a surgeon who performs 50+ parathyroid operations per year and is able to perform the 'minimally-invasive radioguided parathyroid surgery'.

Thank You for your help.

You will need to contact the "endocrine surgery" department at Royal Derby. They have a teaching faculty run department. They will be quite capable of handling this. Here is the link with telephone number.
Dr. Phil, MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)