How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I am yeas old and smoked years I stopped 3 months

Customer Question

I am 69 yeas old and smoked for 17 years I stopped 3 months ago I have a soreness in my osophoghs I also have a under active thyroid do you think that I have given myself a throat cancer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
no way to say without exam and scope.
You can start with ENT or go right to a GI doctor [gastroenterologist] per referral from your GP.
I will tell you that it is far more likely that you have acid reflux rather than cancer.
This needs to be evaluated....probably acid.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.