How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36059
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I've had a fugal infection months in my ear the specialist

This answer was rated:

I've had a fugal infection for 6 months in my ear the specialist has taken out or the dry skin but I'm still in pain he says it from the antibiotics and over use of ear drops and it is probably the nerves in my ear how long will it take for my ear to get back normal I'm so fed up of taking pain killers
Hi. How exactly is the infection being treated now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've been told not to have any more antibiotics or ear drops I'm only on pain killers

OK but how was it determined that you have a fungal infection?

And what kinds of pain medications are you taking?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ibropufen and nefopam
But again, how was it determined you have a fungal infection--was a culture taken? An if you do, why haven't you been given any antifungal medications?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've had loads of fungal ear drops no culture taken though on my last visit to the specialist he said it was all cleared up but the pain still remains he says it's the nerves in my ear from over use of antibiotics and ear drop
OK. We can continue after this but it sounds as though it's not just a nerve problem but a problem with the skin lining the ear canal. As for the nerve, that could take another three months to heal but other medications like Lyrica would help until then. That said, I would also prescritbe Auralgan ear drops for your ear--those won't cause any further problem with the canal itself.
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you