Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

I wondered if anyone on here knows about leaky gut (intestinal

I wondered if anyone on here knows about leaky gut (intestinal permeability).
Dear customer,

Thank for contacting Justanswer.

What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a sensitive gut & I have IBS

Yesterday in my bowel movement, I saw a long string which looked liked egg noodle from the night before.

I guess I wanted to know if that was normal or if It was due to leaky gut as I assume egg noodle should break down easily

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically leaky gut is a broad still undefined term and this is used to indicate increased intestinal permeability and to diagnose the cause of leaky gut further investigations have to be done.

The undigested material is not a symptom of a leaky gut. Undigested food in stool may occasionally be seen and is not significant unless it's accompanied by a persistent diarrhea, weight loss, blood stools, or other changes in your bowel habits. Hence no need to worry about something that looked like egg noodle. This can occur normally sometimes.

Take care.