How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5966
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now

I am getting very sharp pains to my left front leg in the ankle

This answer was rated:

I am getting very sharp pains to my left front leg in the ankle area. The pain is always to the same area on the top inside ankle. The pain started during the night and has been occurring every half hour or so. I have not had this before. The pain lasts about a second or two and stops. There are no outward signs of redness, swelling etc. and looks perfectly normal.
Is there any medicine I can take to lessen or eradicate the pain? In due course I intend to see my doctor. I am 74yrs old.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically ankle pain commonly signifies a musculoskeletal disorder, however it can also result from a more serious vascular or neurologic disorder. Therefore have this seen by your doctor as soon as possible.

For the pain I would suggest you take Tylenol (acetaminophen) which is a pain reliever. The dosage is 650 mg whenever needed to lessen the pain. However avoid taking more than 2400 mg in a day. Also don't take this medication if you are allergic to it.

Take care.
Dr. Ravoof and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr Ravoof, To be honest I was disappointed with your answer to my problem. I was hoping that you would give me some possibilities of what was the the diagnosis. I told you I was going to see my doctor and all you did was reiterate this to me. Also you suggested a drug to take and when I went to the chemist I was told it was not available in the country (UK) and that the equivalent was paracetamol. I did not need a doctor to tell me to take such a common drug as paracetamol.

Dear customer,

Sorry that you were disappointed. My goal is to continue answering your queries till you are satisfied.

Yes this is known as paracetamol in UK. Did you try the paracetamol. Did it relieve the pain? What other medication have you tried to relieve your pain?