How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36066
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am looking second opinion please! I have

This answer was rated:

I am looking for a second opinion please!
I have had a cyst above my bum area which it hurts to touch in the past and for the last few weeks have the same feelings back from before.
I have not been to my doctor yet, but will.
I have pain in my muscle and joints and when I'm walking it feels like I have done to much workout at a gym.
I have had pins and needles in my feet and hand but on very often.
My blood presure is fine at home.
I have lost my job and worry about it and my condition very much. I also have spend the last week not being active and moving around, which I am used to doing.
I have varicose vains on my right leg.
I have put weight on and not lost any but I am eating well and not burning the calorie which I have in my active job in the past.
No headache
No temperature
No odd stool.
I can feel the pain from the above my bum area now when I feel it.
Many thanks,
Hi. Do you have any know medical conditions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I do not, but I do feel cold.
OK Steven. All I can do here is to give you my thoughts of the possibilities of what's going on and how to check for them. Will that be sufficient for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am looking for a second opinion from a previous doctor. Please go ahead!

OK First off I agree that it sounds like you have a recurring pilonidal cyst and it may be infected, and, if so, that could be causing some of your symptoms.

The other expert mentioned mononucleosis and I agree that can cause the symptoms you're having.

But in addition to all that there are other possibilities like anemia, low thyroid, vitamin B12 or vitamin D deficiencies, and an autoimmune disorder like polymyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis.

You basically need to see a doctor for an exam and testing which should include a CBC, metabolic panel, mono spot test, and an autoimmune screening with antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, sed rate, and C reactive protein

Of course the pilonidal cyst also needs to be addressed

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please can you confirm what Mono is and can it be treated?
Are any of the above life threatening?
Which one do you think is might be most?
I did not know you could see the other doctors notes, as I did not want you to see this, but never mind.
Many thanks

It's a viral disease that sometimes used to be called the kissing disease. Not an STD and you basically have to ride it out and that can take up to two months.

None of these is life threatening but if I had to pick the most likely I'd go with the autoimmune disorder.

My pleasure Steve but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you since that's the only way we get compensated for our work with customers

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I ask how do you get the auto problem?
What is the treatment if it was this, and can you confirm it is not very bad?
I'm worried about going to my doctor!

No one knows exactly why someone contracts an autoimmune disorder Steven

Treatment depends on what exactly it is and we can have that discussion but first either you need to rate my service to you or accept the offer more discussion time I sent you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you read my sexual health question, and if so do you agree with what was said at the time. It's just that you have said about immune problem?
Many thanks
I agree with what I told you about HIV Steven but autoimmune disorders are not in any way connected to HIV or hepatitis or any other STD. This isn't a case of a low immune system--with autoimmune disorders the immune system actually is overactive and looks at body tissue like muscles and joints like they're foreign bodies and attacks them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One last question please. Can this be treated and can I live with this condition?
Many thanks for all your help and I will go and see my doctor first thing.

Yes there is very effective treatment and you can live with the condition, assuming that's what you have but you have to see your doctor for all the tests I mentioned Steven

Please remember the rating

Dr. Chip and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you