How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ken Your Own Question
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6559
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Ken is online now

I suffer from depression and anxiety I wanted advice to

This answer was rated:

Hi I suffer from depression and anxiety I wanted advice to manage them
Hello,I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today. Did you see a doctor? Were any investigations obtained to see for the cause? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety low mood. Type 2 diabetes..
How can I manage all this?
Asma,Depression and anxiety needs to be managed in two pronged way. First is medicines. An appointment with a psychiatrist should help. Second way is to avoid precipitation of the attacks. Meditation/ Yoga, regular exercise and counselling help. I would also check for thyroid imbalance if any. Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ quality sleep/ avoid alcohol, smoking.Best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ken, I have been diagnosed with depression anxiety since 2007. I have 6 six children my older two chipset diagnosed with Autism Severe and moderate LD. I was in domestic violence marriage for 17 years. My six children were taken in care 2013 of neglect domestic violence. My older 4 long term fostering two youngest boys are putting up for adoption.
I am not having any contact . I am on high medication 90mg duloxetine cymbalta. I am not under a psychiatrist I was dec 2013 I was discharged.
Do you think my GP should refer me back to a psychiatrist?
Many thanks
Yes, your GP should refer you to a psychiatrist. I am sure it will help you.
Ken and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi My doc is not referring me to a psychiatrist. I don't require secondary care. I was adviced to do online self help CBT course.
Because of my current situation do I need psychiatrist support?
Thank you