How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49178
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

My partner needs a private psychiatrist as the nhs one has

This answer was rated:

my partner needs a private psychiatrist as the nhs one has let her down too many times. have tried to get her doctor to organize one but he is taking far too long. what can i do to push thigs along.
This is Dr. David

you can try to help your partner find a private psychiatrist yourself

like here

most private psychiatrists would still prefer a referral from your GP doctor

local private hospitals may also be able to advise you about this

where in the UK are you located?

have you tried to contact local hospital to try to find a local psychiatrist?
Dr. David and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you