How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I have a fatly lump on my penis just behind the helmet on right

This answer was rated:

I have a fatly lump on my penis just behind the helmet on right side looking down about 5mm oval shape it doesn't hurt and erection, ejaculation and passing water all fine.
I noticed it in December 14 and remains unchanged since.
Same size lump when erect I can feel it when erect and tends to pull penis over to one side.
Should I go to doctor for examination?
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Do you have any pictures that you could attach here for me to give you a better opinion.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its an internal lump and cannot be seen from outside

lump is smooth and like a stiff jelly (fatty lump)

It is very difficult to say exactly what it is. But from what you are describing, one thing that I can say with reasonable surety is that this is nothing serious or anything to worry about.
It may be a small wart or a small pailloma.
The best thing would be for you to be seen by a urologist, if it is bothering you, and to have it evaluated.
If it is not causing any problems whatsoever, you may want to wait on it for some more time.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Kind regards
Dr. SH and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what would be the reason for waiting is it likely to reduce and disappear or remain, given its been around for six months.

The only reason for waiting was because I do not think it is anything serious particularly since it has lasted for six months and not caused any symptoms or bothered you.
But if you want to put your mind to ease you can consult a urologist earlier.
Let me know if you have more questions.