Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a wart like growth on the shaft of my penis. I've

Hi - I have a wart like growth on the shaft of my penis. I've had it for over a year and it doesn't seem to have changed. Was wondering if it could be cancerous? I am in my 20s and circumcised.
This is Dr. David

penile cancer would tend to bleed and grow in size over a years time

your wart doesnt' sound like penile cancer.

I am a cancer doctor.

it sounds like you have a penile wart or a papilloma on your penis

these are most often caused by HPV or human papilloma virus which can cause these warts

the good news is HPV virus is not a lifetime virus. 90% of adults with normal immune systems can clear HPV virus and genital warts out of their system in 2 years.

if you want it removed earlier, you can ask a dermatologist for cyrotherapy to the mole to freeze it off sooner.

you don't have penile cancer

let me know if you have other questions.
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Hi. We can't diagnose online and there is no way to say for certain that this isn't cancer--perhaps a basal cell carcinoma. The only sensible and prudent thing to do is to have a doctor take a look at it and get a biopsy.