How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Can you help me please.. long time the left side of my

This answer was rated:

Can you help me please..for a long time the left side of my face twitches and screws up although not all of the time and it is making me miserable and is embarrasing. I try to control it but I can't.
You need to see a neurologist.
This can be ...benign fasiculations, but these go away.
A mild version of Bell's palsy, which can be treated.
Remenants of an old, small stroke, this also could be treated.
No, you can not get treatment for this one line, you need exam and testing, maybe EEG [rule out seizures], maybe MRI of the brain.
B vitamin levels
Thyroid levels.
Magnesium levels.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you