Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

Had an eye condition 5 days ago when my eye felt bruised but

Customer Question

Had an eye condition 5 days ago when my eye felt bruised but looked ok so saw Opthomologist who confirmed all was ok but should it continue hurting see a doctor. After 24 hrs I awoke with a large water blister across the bottom half of the eyeball so went to doctor who suggested it was an allergic reaction to the drops used by eye man. Prescribed a 4 day course of steroid tablets and eye drops. The following day the blister was gone and eye felt better but still felt tender/bruised. Woke this morning with blister back so still administering eye drops, somewhat concerned. Any ideas. Many thanks Tony
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tony. Any chance of seeing a photo of your eye on this page?

And what were the two eye drops you used?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Meds are 10 Deltacortril Ent 5mg Gast Res Tabs and Maxitrol eye drops. Can't seem to attach pic to this format but will send if I can have email address

many thanks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Try posting it on Photobucket, ImageShack or Snapfish and give me the link Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but don't use or understand those formats, I am 69 years old 😀

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem you can send it to this address

And they will send it to me, but it will take an hour or so so I'll let you know when I get it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, havnt yet recieved reply to meds and pic info, would be helpful as am still suffering.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still awaiting a reply, don't know wether you are receiving this ??

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Anthony--did you email Just Answer the photos?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes yesterday

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Since that was Sunday I should get them today.

Sorry for such a delay but give me another few hours

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No diagnosis as yet? Am still using eye drops but large blister still apparent, quite sore overnight but does seem to improve during the day. At a loss to understand next step of treatment so some input would be helpful !!!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

So very sorry Anthony but I was never sent your photos

Just one question then--can you describe the appearance of the eye in detail?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Eye is bloodshot with swollen lids and bottom half of eyeball is blistered. Have been on a small Island in Ireland with no Doc so today moved to mainland and have doc appointment at 1530 so will let you know diagnosis.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Anthony.

For now this sounds like a viral conjunctivitis and it may even be a case of shingles

Hopefully you'll be given a course of both oral and eyedrop acyclovir to cover it.

Let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** avoided then, phew 😀😀 Will let you know

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure