How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65673
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

My father has been diagnosed with a "three-dimensional

Customer Question

My father has been diagnosed with a "three-dimensional formation of the right kidney" and was referred to a urologist-oncologist consultation with a further surgery. He does not live in the UK, but can come for his treatment here. Please, advise me what options are available for him and where would be the best clinic for him to have the treatment. Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is no kidney disease, called three dimentional formation.
Do you mean he has a tumor?
What exactly does the scan report say?
I don't believe he will be covered by the NHS unless he is a citizen of the UK.
Are you talking about paying privately for surgery?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The ultra-sound report says "kidney structure is changed: there is an ISO echo genie rounded shape formation with an even edge in the lower segment of the medial contour. D 31x29mm.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
He needs an MRI to look at this better.
If this is a cyst, for example, nothing needs to be done. In any case, an ultrasound needs to be followed up with a CT or MRI scan.
I suspect there is more on the report, and they think this is a tumor.
If that is the case, you should contact the premier cancer hospital in the UK and talk to their surgical oncology department. Ask them WHO specifically, does this surgery the most. It will likely be a group of doctors to chose from.
Here is their page.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.