How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35560
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I'm 59 and have this tingly burning sensation in my vagina

This answer was rated:

I'm 59 and have this tingly burning sensation in my vagina I've never had anything like it before,I've been examined by my doctor and had blood tests also urine sample and tested for yeast infection all ok,it all stems from my last orgasm it was so intense I've never experienced one like it before that was 2weeks ago.can you help.thank you.
Hi--so no vaginal discharge?

Is the feeling just in your vagina?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. This is likely pelvic pain syndrome and it's related to the pelvic nerves.

You need an MRI of your lumbar spine and pelvis to look for nerve entrapment and you need to have a referral to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a treatment program that should resolve the problem.

Let me know if you need any more information please
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you