How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19439
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

Need some advice. I have a small growth on the base of my penis.

This answer was rated:

Need some advice. I have a small growth on the base of my penis. Looks like a normal wart.
Can I treat it myself?
Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach the picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I do that?

The paperclip icon only allows me to upload URL links

The icon should also allow pictures.

Full instructions can be found at

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the picture.

Yes, this does look like a wart, and it does appear to be relatively small, so that there is a better chance that over the counter interventions may be able to treat it. And in this context, small means not as thick, rather than width or length.

The usual treatment for warts would be a destructive method, and the over the counter method that can be tried would be a freezing treatment method. There are several brands available and they are all about equivalent. None of the over the counter freezing methods are as good as the method that would be used by a doctor, but it may be able to get rid of the wart. In addition, since these products are not as strong, it may require more than one treatment.

If the over the counter product completely gets rid of the wart, then no further evaluation or treatment is indicated. But if any amount of wart persists, then it would be appropriate to see your doctor for a better treatment regimen.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you