How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36076
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am noticing some slight pain in my arm put. The gland feels

This answer was rated:

I am noticing some slight pain in my arm put. The gland feels slightly more enlarged than the other arm. The gland is not tender to touch. This has been going on for about two weeks . Should I see a doctor?
Hi. This sounds like a developing abscess in your armpit and not a gland per se.

Since these don't usually drain on their own and need antibiotics and sometimes incision and drainage by a doctor the best thing for you to do is see a doctor for it

Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can feel a lump in the same position in both arm pits but I can just find the lump in the right arm pit quicker. There is no pain or tenderness when I press. Is this still suggestive? What causes abscesses ?
.If it's hurting you at all then it needs to be looked at Ellie. These usually start out as folliculitis--a hair shaft infection
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you