How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35494
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Lower back problem

This answer was rated:

Lower back problem
Hi. What's your question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My lower back always feels strained when doing simple things like leaning over the sink to wash my hands or having a shave or picking something up from the floor. I have been to the chiropractor and he has said that my lower back is moving too much and my mid upper back is not moving enough does this make sense
Has he taken x-rays of your spine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK--did he have anything more to say about the problem and what sorts of therapy has he been using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said my lower back is not moving the way it should be. So when I'm moving around or twisting it's not moving as it should be and too mobile as if my lower spine and surrounding muscles are loose leading to pain and discomfort and my mid back and upper spine is stiff very rigid.
OK--how exactly can I help you with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does this sound dangerous to you. I would like your opinion.
No, not dangerous but at the least the chiropractor should have gotten x-rays of your spine to look at the alignment of the vertebrae and to look at the disk spaces. I would refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for that and for some effective physical therapy for your problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
X-rays or Mri would be better?
Just x-rays for now since this doesn't sound like a disk problem that would require an MRI
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
From the X-ray would you be able to tell if there was a disk problem
No, not specifically but your symptoms don't match that of a ruptured disk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. But with a Mri you would Be able to see everything
That's true. But what more information do you need here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just would like to get as much information about my condition of my back. And from what I have told you is my health of my back poor?
I don't think so--sounds like just a muscle problem. But I really can't say from what you've told me what exactly the chiropractor meant about your back

I'd appreciate a rating this time since you didn't do that on the last question I answered for you about the asbestos exposure
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you