Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

12 months after decompression surgery stenosis

12 months after decompression surgery for spinal stenosis I have a numb left foot with loss of sensation and tingling, is it likely to improve so I will be able to drive ?
Hi. When did the foot start to become numb and have you had any studies since that started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

3 to 4 months after surgery

OK Christine--have you had an MRI of your lumbar spine and nerve conduction studies of the leg since that began?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No nothing

OK Christine. You need those studies to see if there's a disk problem with nerve compression or any other lumbar spine problem since the surgery. Once that's done, I'd refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a hands-on physical therapy program that should allieviate the foot and leg problem. It's likely that you will be able to drive again

Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will make a request for the further investigation you suggest I need and report back to you.

Please do but for now please remember to rate my service to you Christine