Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I started taking ibuprofen pain. I am an otherwise

I started taking ibuprofen for shoulder pain. I am an otherwise healthy 34 year old but I have accidently discovered that even at low doses (200mg/day) the ibroprofen seems to have cured my erectile disfunction problems. Is there a medical explanation for this? And us it safe to take this low dose long term?
Dear customerSince when do you have erectile dysfunction. What are the symptoms. Do you suffer from any medical condition or take any daily medication.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've had problems all my life. I don't take any other medication. I've tried ed medication and they help but not 100%. I also find the ibroprofen helps me sleep a lot better and not need as many toilet breaks in the night

The symptoms are both not being able to achieve a strong enough election and not being able to maintain it. I was not getting early morning elections before but I have since I started the ibroprofen

Hi there,
I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
There is one medical explanation for your improved erectile function and sleep: A subacute inflammation of your prostata, causing mild discomfort. Unluckily it's not safe to take Ibuprofen longer. Not only that it affects the stomach; in persons with long time medication you see more heart attacks.
Maybe you see an unrologist to have your prostate gland checked.
All the best!
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience: Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.