Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

There I have a pain in the lower abdomen just above hip

Hi there
I have a pain in the lower abdomen just above hip stabbing pain. When I'm sitting down it gets worse. Lying on my front at night time the pain subsides what it is. I struggle to lift my right leg pain gets worse. Pain consistent not improved. What is it? Thanks
Is the pain in your abdomen or more in the groin area? Any lump there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Abdomen area
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Right hand side just above the belt line on abdomen
OK--How long has it been going on?
Any fever, nausea, or change in bowel movements?
And any pain at all in your back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No fever or nauseaNo change in bowel movementsHurts when lift right leg ie when put socks on it hurts
OK. There are a few possibilities here
One would be appendicitis although most of what you've told me isn't consistent with that
Another would be a kidney stone even with no back or flank pain.
A third, more likely than appendicitis would be a gall bladder problem, maybe from gall stones
Since I can't examine you I suggest you see a doctor right away for an exam, blood work, and a ct scan of the abdomen
Let me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you think it is please
I can't be sure without being able to examine you but most likely it's your gall bladder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could this be a hernia as it feels like it could be this?
That's why I asked about your groin but you said right hand side of your abdomen just above the belt line. An inguinal hernia would cause a problem in your groin and not in your abdomen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I leave this until Thurs will this be a problem? How urgent is gall bladder issues? The pain hasn't got worse just consistently
Not so urgent that it can't wait until Thursday