How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Internist Your Own Question
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1066
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Internist is online now

General Medicine | i am a 26 year old female. Recently i

This answer was rated:

General Medicine | Hi i am a 26 year old female. Recently i have found various lumps in my groin area, some pea sized movable lumps and other harder lumps on the pubic bone area. The area has become tender the past few days also. I am of slim build and petite also. I have stage 4 endometriosis which i thought i best mention. I visited my doctor about the lumps and was sent for a blood test 2 months ago. Results all normal apart from anemia. She said they were probably caused by shaving but that doesn't explain the other symptoms i've had. Over the past 3 weeks i have had shortness of breath on and off and have been waking in the night feeling hot and feverish some nights. I am concerned about the lumps and symptoms as i have had them now for a couple of months. My doctor isn't doing any kind of follow up and with it being lumps i am of course worried about the worst. I wanted to get a second opinion and ask you if it were anything like a lymphoma would anything have shown up in the bloods? I don't want to jump to conclusions but this is really starting to worry me and with no follow up being done i am even more concerned as this isn't being investigated further.
Dear JA customer,sorry to hear about your problem. I am also concerned about lumps in groin. your primary Doctor saying that it might be due to shaving , he would be refering to an infection called hidradenitis suppurativa for which at your stage , we give oral clindamycin.but i think we must rule out/in other more serious causes like lymphoma.your anemia, low weight, night sweats, fever are more commonly associated with lymphoma.these lumps in groin ( if you had unprotected sexual intercourse) could also be due to granuloma inguinale or lymphogranuloma venereum.what i suggest is followingtell your doctor you have night sweats and fever and weight loss, and you want lymph node biopsy , chest xray to rule out lymphoma.blood tests( peripheral film) may or may not show atypical lymphocytes suggesting of lymphoma, but we need to get lymph node biopsy to rule out lymphoma. and also chest x-ray and abdominal ultrasound to look for lymph nodes in chest and liver and spleen enlargement.also get tests for chlamydia and granuloma inguinale.also if you have history of unprotected sexual intercourse, i would strongly recommend to test for HIV ( which can present like this) also for syphilis, chlamydia. i hope this answers your question, if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate that. With the night sweats, I only have these sometimes not every night. With lymphoma are the night sweats something you get every night? Also i have actually gained a little weight recently but have always had a weight on the lower end of average generally.

Thanks for your reply.i am not saying its lymphoma, but we should / must rule out /in it. in lymphoma its not that u get night sweats every night , u can get few times in a week. There is always a broad range of presentation of a disease. you gained weight is something which makes dangerous things less likely. but i would recommend to undergo all the tests i mentioned above. i hope this helps. if this answers your question, please click on accept.if you have any more question, please feel free to ask.thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I'll go back to my doctor and try my best to get them to test me.

yes , i think thats the best decision.
if my answer helps you please click on accept.
if you have any more questions , please feel free to ask
Internist and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you