How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48810
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I hope you can advise me I have had pain now

Customer Question

Hi I hope you can advise me
I have had pain now for weeks from my right testicle and my lower abdominal area and testical is lot larger then I remember. 2 years ago I went into a walking centre as I felt a lump but doctor said it feels ok. I'm not registered at a doctors and have not had the need to go in over 15 years. When I'm sleeping I wake with a terrible crushing pain from my torso but when I got up and about the internal pain would slowly go. I'm suffering with very bad pins and needles also. I seem to be tired all the time but still hold my 2 jobs down. The last week it's all been getting worse and the pain from my abdominal area is now unbearable and was debating if to go straight to the hospital this morning but don't want to be a nuisance. I also work for the public sector and see a lot of time wasters in my job. What should I do? I see myself as quite fit and healthy and am 37 years of age
Thank you for your time reading this any advise would be really appreciated
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

if you have a pain and swelling in one testicle and lower abdominal pain, you could have a inguinal hernia where your bowel slip down into your scrotum.

this can be easily seen with a scrotal ultrasound.

this can be an emergency sort of thing where you need emergency surgery right away to fix this and get the bowels out of your scrotum.

you should go right away to the hospital and get an ultarsound of your scrotum and see a surgeon to see if you need surgery right away

this is very important that you take care of this

let me know if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why would I be getting pins and needles
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
that can be from poor circulation or a pinched nerve in your backwhere are these pins in needles? you didn't say.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I get them all over could be my legs or if I put my elbow on a table within seconds my hand has pins and needles
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
could be a neuropathy or low blood potassium or low magnesium levelscould be from poor circulationor thyroid hormone problems. you need to get a GP doctor to see you and get blood testing and physical exam to start the evaluation process.but you have to see a doctor right away about this swollen scrotum which could be an inguinal hernia.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
do you have any other questions?