Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

My son has a tightness in his quad muscle and has been told

My son has a tightness in his quad muscle and has been told to ice and heat alternatively why is this ? And has he a thigh injury ? He now has no pain
Hi--was any trauma involved? Was this painful at first?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No trauma he is an academy footballer and has been training hard , slight pain at first causing him to go and see the Physio whereby after an hour or so he was fine and now no tightness at all
OK. Sounds like just a simple muscle pull with some resulting tendonitis just from the hard training Viki. I see no reason for anything more to be done at this point if he's totally fine

Let me know if you need any more information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No mention of muscle pull was mentioned ?just the quad was quite tight ?
Well that still is a pulled muscle and like I said it was likely just from his hard training--really nothing serious
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok will he still be able to train
Yes--I see no reason why he can't restart training Viki