How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gehring Your Own Question
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 26343
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Gehring is online now

I have been suffering from urinary retention for

This answer was rated:

I have been suffering from urinary retention for years. I don't have urinary infection and my renal function is fine. My MRI showed the presence of two small tarlov cysts on S2 and my gynecologist referred me to a neurologist. Could you please recomend me a good neurologist in the UK who is familiar with tarlov cysts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because I work in Afghanistan, and have a good medical insurance, I am willing to go private, just want the best neurologist that is familiar and has followed tarlov cyst cases. I will be in the UK on the 15 September. I live in North Wales but will also consider traveling to Londos, just want the best neurologist for my condition.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here is the mri test report.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I could also travel to Liverpool, Manchester or Brussels, if need be to see a neurologist who is familiar with these cases, as I need a good treatment plan.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was also advised to do a urodynamics test.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here are some other tests. urine/blood, and referral to neurologist in Kabul. I will send you the referral note from my gynaecologist in few minutes
Hi there,
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
A Tarlov cyst is, in fact a neurologic issue. But it has nothing to do with your urinary tract. May I know why you gave us all the information about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My problem is chronic urinary retention. My gynaecologist referred me to a neurologist because two tarlov cysts were detected on mri and no other cause was identified for my urinary retention.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tarlov cysts can lead to urinary retention, according to litterature and to the doctors I saw.
Yes, they do. I only wanted to be sure that we didn't mix anything up.
Here is a very good specialist for you:
*****, *****, FRCS (Orthopedic Surgeon),Consultant Spinal Surgeon
BMI Three Shires Hospital,Northampton, UK
The very best, ***** ***** moved to the United States. But that may be to far...
Good luck!
You have read my first answer.
Is everything quite clear now? Then I wish you good luck and thank you vor hitting a positive feedback button for my quick help.
If not, feel free to ask!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not going to consult with an orthopaedic surgeon. I need a good urologist that can do a urodynamic test and a good neurologist consultant to look at my MRI and who is familiar with Tarlov Cysts.If you know any, please advise. Many thanks.
I understand.
Adrian Casey, a neurologist and spine specialist at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore:
He is neurologist AND neurosurgeon, and he refers to the world's best expert Dr. Feigenbaum if necessary:
In Stanmore you will find very good neuro- urologists, too:
I hope this helped you and wish you good luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** helpful.
I am happy to read that.
The I thank you for a friendly feedback. Please hit a button wuth many stars for me . Thank you!
Dr. Gehring and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you