How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36062
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have a rumbling stomach. Please can you advise

This answer was rated:

I have a rumbling stomach. Please can you advise what I should do.
Hi. This isn't a reflux problem. You can first try an antacid with simethecone like Gaviscon or Mylanta but if that doesn't help you need to have a screening for an H pylori stomach infection that would need antibiotics to eradicate
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried gaviscon before but it has not worked. Do you believe that it is h pylori? I have some diarreah at the moment and it the rumblings feel watery. Could it be IBS?