How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35563
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

This is an embarrassing question but I get sore irratated skin

Customer Question

This is an embarrassing question but I get sore irratated skin and skin splits around my back passage....I'm in pain almost every time I have a bowel movement....what is it and how do I stop it....I also have a B12 deficiency is it linked to this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Not linked to a B12 deficiency but you either have hemorrhoids or an anal fissure or both. You can try a stool softener and cortisone cream to the area but if that doesn't help you'll need to have a doctor take a look at this Let me know if you need more information please