How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19436
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have been to see my GP and Ihave been to to the local hospital

This answer was rated:

I have been to see my GP and Ihave been to to the local hospital without any results
Hello from JustAnswer.
What is the problem that you are having that caused you to seek care from your doctor and the hospital?
Were any tests done by your doctor or the hospital?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Balance problemsNotests were done

Is the balance problem that it feels like you or the room is spinning?
Or that you feel lightheaded or unsteady?
How long has this been bothering you?
Do you take any chronic medicines?
I notice that you have posted the same question again. Please respond to the request for additional information above and I can provide a more complete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.Nofelodopin candesartin and moxonidine

The most common cause of balance problems is from conditions that affect the inner ear. It would be even more likely that it is an inner ear problem if the balance problem is primarily a sensation of spinning. If the symptoms are of short duration, then it is common for this to be due to inflammation of the inner ear, called labyrinthitis. In this situation, it may help to use certain antihistamines, such as meclizine or dimenhydrinate. These are marketed for motion sickness, but can also help ease inner ear symptoms.

Inner ear symptoms that are more chronic or recurrent are more likely to be due to benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, which is due to crystals forming in the inner ear, or to Menieres disease, which is due to fluid accumulation in the inner ear. The evaluation that would be able to differentiate these conditions are not able to be done by your GP or the hospital A&E. It would typically require an evaluation by an ENT specialist.

A spinning sensation can also rarely be due to neurologic conditions that affect the nerve that serves the inner ear, so if the inner ear appears OK at the ENT specialist, it is appropriate to see a Neurologist.

If the balance problem is more of lightheadedness or unsteadiness, it is still possible that it could be an inner ear problem, but it is also possible that it could be due to certain cardiovascular or neurologic conditions, and the most common would be a variety of conditions that affect blood pressure. So, if there is lightheadedness or unsteadiness and the inner ear evaluation is unremarkable, it would also be appropriate to consult with a Cardiologist.

In summary, it would be OK to try some meclizine or dimenhydrinate to try to ease the symptoms, but a proper evaluation should be done and the next step would usually be an evaluation by an ENT specialist. And further evaluation by a Neurologist or Cardiologist may be considered after completion of the ENT evaluation.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you