How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9528
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

After sex, 24hrs, my boyfriend get a couple of sore spots on

This answer was rated:

After sex, 24hrs, my boyfriend get a couple of sore spots on the end of his penis, and a couple on his foreskin. He wont go to a doctor and I am sure I have nothing wrong with me
Hi and thanks for the query.If the sores are developing exclusively after sexual intercourse then these are not likely to be due to a disease and most probably due to friction and trauma. STDs do not present in 24 hours, they take 10 to 15 days to manifest, fever, pain, tingling on the genitalia are accompanying symptoms and they do not resolve on their own either.I would suggest that you start using more lubrication during intercourse and see if that helps. If reducing trauma does not help then he will need to see a doctor for a swab test (to rule out a bacterial or fungal infection) and examination.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a mirena coil fitted and think I am going through the change, so do feel a bit dry during sex.
There are only ever a few spots but he says they feel a bit itchy but more sore, they normally clear after a couple of days.
I will try using lubrication and see what happens, it wouldnt be a yeast thing??
Yeast does not affect males within 24 hours and does not present with sores on the glans (tip of the penis), it causes discharge from the urethra and fever in men. So, I doubt it. It can however, be a pre existing fungal infection that gets aggravated during sexual intercourse but the most obvious reason seems to be dryness, remove that from the equation first by using lubrication and see if this goes away, if not then convince him to see his GP.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Dr Uzair and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your speedy advice, I am sure it will put his mind at rest, also mine.
Kind regards
My pleasure to help.Take care.