How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58705
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have a rash that has developed on my penis (not the skin

This answer was rated:

I have a rash that has developed on my penis (not the skin around but underneath the foreskin) It has recently changed to a yellowish colour and small amounts of discharge are coming out the tip of my penis. I'm pretty sure its not as STD as I live with my partner of over a year and a half It does smell a fair bit What Is it likely to be and how can I get rid of it?
Do you have a pic?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to add a photo
Hi the attached button or upload to photobucket and provide the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That might work. I'm on my mobile and there's no attachment link sorry
You need tests for STDs. If not, then its balanitis. A bacterial or fungal infection of the penis
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it Definately an infection then?? It is very itchy so I did think it might be My partner hasnt experiences any itchiness or other symptoms. Wouldn't she feel something f it was an STD?
Not necessarily. I can't tell you how many times people have been "sure" they are clean and they aren't. Get tested
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help I'll sort it out in the morning
Welcome. Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Dr. Phil, MD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you