How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Amita Your Own Question
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2127
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Amita is online now

My daughter was admitted to hospital last week but she is on

This answer was rated:

My daughter was admitted to hospital last week but she is on a psychiatric ward and she is not getting the correct treatment for an infection which she has now had for weeks Her legs and feet have become very swollen with pitting oedema and she is physically very unwell She is being treated with antibiotics but there is no improvement and I am fearing sepsis. She is on a psychiatric ward because the infection had caused a toxic episode and she had become confused and distressed.. The doctors have said that the infection had caused the changes in her mental state and that she should be on a medical ward but no bed was available. I am very frightened now and need to get urgent action What can I do? What are my rights to demand the right treatment or can I get her urgent private treatment?
Hello I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you.NHS has a well defined complaint mechanism which you can utilize if you feel your daughter is not getting proper treatment.The first part is local resolution where you can talk to the people who are looking after your daughter and try to solve the issue of bed availability or any other issues you feel are important.If your issues are not solved you can lodge a formal complaint.The process of making a complaint and your rights are given in the link below you wish for private care you can ask her doctors if private care is available at the same facility.
Dr.Amita and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you