How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49176
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Getting dull thumping headache on right side of head, affecting

This answer was rated:

getting dull thumping headache on right side of head, affecting eye and side of face on regular basis, eye gets to stage where it is nearly shut, pain goes thru to back of head, any suggestions?
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having such bad headaches.
you could be having migraine headaches which will require treatment for migraines such as imitrex or topamax. these are prescription migraine headache medications which can help prevent migraine headaches and treat migraine headaches.
you could also be having ocular migraine headaches as well.
you need to see your GP doctor and get these headaches evaluated.
you might also need a brain MRI scan as well to be sure
do you have a GP doctor you can see about these headaches and to see if migraine headache medications can help you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the problem i have is getting to see a doctor, i am led to believe taking paracetamol on regular basis can make problem worse?
no, taking paracetamol on a regular basis would not make migraines or headaches worse.but paracetamol may not be effective in treating your migraine headaches if indeed you have migraines.why do you have a problem in getting to see a doctor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
work and doctors always busy, never seem to be able to get an appointment
you need to find time to see a doctor.or else you will continue to suffer with these headaches. you need blood testing and thyroid hormone testing and neurological evaluation and eye examination and sinus examination to see what might be causing these don't want a problem to go see a GP doctor as soon as you canlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you