How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36167
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am yrs of age and have been suffering with piles quite

This answer was rated:

I am 69 yrs of age and have been suffering with piles quite painfully, they seem to have eased a lot but I now have a clear discharge out of my back passage and also slightly incontinent. Which is making my bottom very sore.
Hi. This discharge wouldn't be related to the piles. It could indicate a bacterial colon infection but it also could be from a colon polyp. If you haven't had a colonoscopy in the past two years you need that along with a doctor's examination and a stool sample for culture Let me know if you need any more information please
Dr. Chip and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you