How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48708
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

My son got s looking rush underneath both his armpits

Customer Question

My son got s nasty looking rush underneath both his armpits
I'm so worried what can it be pls and is it serious
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My son got nasty rush underneath his arm bits both of them he's asmatic I have an image
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
the most common rash under both of the arm pits is a fungal infection of the skin
fungal skin infections like to grow in areas of darkness, moisture and warmth.
the underarms and groin areas are perfect areas for growth of itchy skin fungal infections.
there are over the counter antifungal powders and sprays and creams you can buy for him a the drug store to treat mild skin fungal infections.
there are sprays like Tinactin or creams with clotrimazole which can be used for 4-6 weeks daily to help clear mild skin fungal infections
if he has moisture under his arms, use of daily baby powder 2-3 times a day under the arms can help dry the skin as well
if over the counter treatments don't work, then he has to see a doctor for stronger prescription treatments like Nystatin powder or fluconizole antifungal agents.
thank you for the photo
yes, his rash looks like a skin fungal infection.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using