How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr prabir kumar das Your Own Question
dr prabir kumar das
dr prabir kumar das, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1889
Experience:  MBBS,MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
dr prabir kumar das is online now

Im 34 in june i had a miscarriage and my last period

Customer Question

hello im 34 in june i had a miscarriage and my last period was late july when i believe athe cyst they found on my left ovarie popped as a scan showed it had gone in august since then ive had no period and a recent blood test showed an fsh level of 135, my gp said im post menopause and no hope of ever having a baby yet online research says there is a possibility i could still ovulate please help i really dont know where to go or how to get any difiniti e a swers about whats happend gp just prescribed hrt thanku
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  dr prabir kumar das replied 2 years ago.
HelloI understand your points.At the age 34 menopause is not common ,if occurred it is called premature ovarian failure.For confirmation a folliculometry by TVS is absolutely necessary to see any ovulatiopn and also some blood test like estrogen, LH and also most important is AMH which diagnose the ovum reserve.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so can i ask my gp to refer me onto someone with more knowledge of this condition and its effects and if so who do i ask to be referred too?
Expert:  dr prabir kumar das replied 2 years ago.
ThanksMenopause or no ovum formation at the age of 34 years must be examined by an expert.You should be referred to a gynecologist having experience on infertility.Thank you