How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I have a sharp intermittent pain in the right side of my pelvic

This answer was rated:

I have a sharp intermittent pain in the right side of my pelvic area front & back. It causes me to double up and I have problems then Straightening up. Could you please advise.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Since how long are you having this pain?
By the pelvic area do you mean right lower side of the abdomen?
Do you have any other symptoms like urine burning or pain or any other symptoms?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Please let me know.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Yes the pain is in and around the hip area and the pain is also felt in the right testicle. I have no other symptoms . I am type 2 diabetic and am on metformin (2000mg) daily and Sitagliptin. Also have CHD and am on Atenolol, Losartan, aspirin and simvastatin. Am also a dreppressive on Fluoxetine (50mg) daily

Thank you for the additional information.
With the kind of pain and the location of the pain that you are mentioning the first thing that I would do is a CT scan or an ultrasound at the very least to rule out stones in the urinary tract.
Stones in the ureter (which are the tubes that connect the kidney to the urinary bladder) can cause pain in the location that you mentioned radiating to the testes.
So I would recommend that you be seen and be investigated further to make a diagnosis and then be treated accordingly.
Meanwhile I would recommend that you should drink plenty of fluids.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Kind regards
Dr. SH and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you