How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35549
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Dr Mark, this is a concerned relative. My niece (39 yrs)

Customer Question

Hi Dr Mark, this is a concerned relative. My niece (39 yrs) has just informed me by email that she has been diagnosed with diastematomyelia.
She says "I’m in the NHS system (which was a wait list of 30 weeks)
but have been told the neurologist has marked my case as high priority and I’ve been appointed a Dr who is more specialist in neurology and spinal surgery so think I’m getting there. Trouble is, the damage done so far can’t be rectified (bladder trouble, no reflexes in right lower leg etc etc)."
She has no parents so has confided in me. Lives in Horsham. Where would be the best hospital/consultant for surgery?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

This would be my suggestion as the best facility for your niece to be evaulated and treated

Let me know if you need any more information please