Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

Why does my 6 year old loose her temper and scream and shout

Why does my 6 year old loose her temper and scream and shout and hit us all? I have 4 girls she is the youngest, they are adopted and are siblings, i also have 3 birth sons 25 28 and 30. I am an experienced parent but am at a loss as to how to deal with this. It is not a new behavior
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
Was the child's life traumatic before you got her? any brain damage or ADHD or any other issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no she was removed from delivery room no contact with birth parents at all we got her aged14mths

And the birth mother was healthy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes dad had a temper hence the adoption order

could mom have been a drug user or other medical issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not as far as we were told

Okay. This could be normal 6 year old behavior and it could be something developmental My advise would be to have her assessed by a neuropsychologist to look for any disorders like ADHD or depression.