How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

Last Tuesday evening, I had chicken . However,

Customer Question

Last Tuesday evening, I had chicken for dinner. However, being a student who can not cook
to save their life, I ended up eating not chicken that was not cooked enough which gave me food poisoning as it
By Wednesday morning, I was being sick, bad diarrhoea and a lack of energy.
I looked at the symptoms online on the nhs website and it all seemed connected to food poisoning.
Then Friday, I called a family friend who is a GP and they told me it was food poisoning and just to rest
and it will be by fine by Sunday. Which it is now.
However, on Friday I had a test at university. I spoke to my lecturer the morning of the test and explained
everything and she was fine with it but told me I need to get a letter or an email from a doctor saying it was
food poisoning just so it can go on my records as to why I missed the test.
She told me to email a surgery in Plymouth and they will be fine doing it.
I just need a letter saying I had food poisoning and I carried out the required steps by resting.
Kind regards,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. JustAnswer is an online question and answer website. Unfortunately we cannot provide letters or prescriptions. What we are allowed to do is give advice.
If you would like some advice please let me know and I will continue to search for a Professional to assist you. However if you would like your question closed please let me know and I can do that for you.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I would like more advice then as this cost me £11.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer, What is your question?