How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3064
Experience:  Physician with 30 years experience
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now

After checking up after years with these spots coming and going

This answer was rated:

After checking up after years with these spots coming and going under my left arm and sometimes in my groinle region thought I'd look online found out it could be something called Hidradenitis suppurativa so before I see my GP worrying would like your opinion
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your skin. Can you please use the icon on your screen to attach an image file for me? That would be most helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that ok
Yes, that is a good image and I agree that it looks like hidradenitis suppurativa. There are many treatment options, everything from topical scrubs, antibiotics and even laser treatments. Most dermatologists are very familiar with this condition and can help you get started on a treatment regimen and follow improvement progress. So go ahead and schedule a visit. I hope this was helpful in confirming your suspicions.
Dr. C. and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you