How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49151
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I am currently experiencing symptoms which I'm not sure

This answer was rated:

I am currently experiencing symptoms which I'm not sure whether are autoimmune related.
I've had eczema since childhood which got better during adulthood but over the past few years its come back quite badly on my feet (top and soles, between toes) never use to get it there and rest of body is ok.
Over the past few years I've had severe hair loss, always accompanied but a severe burning stinging sensation and when at its worst left ear goes bright red (although ear is not painful, unlike my scalp and back of neck) The pain sometimes so bad I'm reduced to tearful despair. I'm not sure whether to pursue an autoimmune path or another branch of medicine. Blood tests have all come back normal.
Dermatologist cant find anything wrong at the surface level....
This is Dr. David
you should get autoimmune testing to check your ANA, ESR, C reactive protein, anti ds DNA antibody levels to see if you might have an autoimmune disorder causing your symptoms.
autoimmune alopecia areata can cause hair loss.
thyroid abnormalities can cause hair loss. make sure your doctors check your thyroid hormone levels and your iron and ferritin levels.
you might need skin biospies to help diagnose psoriasis of your scalp and feet
you might need stronger prescription steroid creams to help calm down severe eczema or psoriasis.
you might need skin allergy testing to test for food and environmental allergies
oral antihistamines and oral allergy medications like allegra, zyrtec, claritin, benadryl can help calm down severe ezcema as well.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using
Dr. David and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
I'm seeing a patient right now.
can I call you in like 10-15 minutes?
country code 044?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes +44 (0)(###) ###-####
I can call you now.